Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Do I Give Blasphemous Advice in Other People's Dreams?

Let's assume, for purposes of this post, that God created the earth in seven days or less.

Let's also assume that Kathy Cowley told the truth in her recent comment, and while we're at it, let's go on and assume that other people are constantly having dreams in which I give them the same advice.

Is it blasphemous to expect mortal writers to create worlds at the same pace which is traditionally attributed to the Supreme Being? Or is such advice OK, since fictional worlds are invariably less complex than real ones?

2 comments:

  1. Most months actually have 30 or 31 days. Which means that--except for the month of February--your request (at least the one you gave me in my dream)does not require me to be (quite) as prolific as God. In a 30 day month, like April, I would only have to create a story every 7.5 days. A divine feat, yes. But not supreme divinity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, sadly, that you have never given me any kind of advice in my dreams, blasphemous or otherwise. I still only remember one dream of mine that you were in. In this dream I was with my family staying over-night in a cabin that happened to be at a water park in Canada. You just showed up in winter clothing, though it was summer, with a freshly trimmed goat-tee, and you wanted to play board-games.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails