Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Birthday present!

Technically my birthday isn't until Thursday, but we celebrated Sunday night at my parents-in-law's anyway--why not stretch out a good thing to cover the whole week?

In the midst of the festivities, Kira came from playing outside and brought something to me.

"Here Daddy!" she said "It's for you birthday."

"What is it?" I asked.

"A dead slug" she said happily.

She was wrong--it was actually a dried cocoon--but I still found it strangely touching that she'd found what she thought was a dead slug and had been willing to give it to me.

4 comments:

  1. My best Mother's Day gift this year is a welded sign that says "Mom." My daughter is surprised at how fond I am of it. I told her nobody's ever welded a gift for me before. I'm betting this was your first slug/cocoon gift, but it may not be the last.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very nice! I'm sure you will treasure it for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, that's adorable. Play your cards right, and she might just upgrade to a dead frog at Christmas. Assuming she can find one in December. I'd be very very impressed if she could. And extra impressed if she then gave away something that rare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It kinda reminds me of the gifts cats give people. Which could be a sort of glorious forewarning sign that she secretly has 9 lives. Ask her to jump for me and see if she lands on her feet. Just kidding :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails